HEAVY COMBINATION TRUCK COURSE
- A HC Licence qualifies you to drive trucks with a single trailer (commonly called a semi-trailer). This includes prime movers, truck and dogs, pig trailers, floats and low loaders.
- Articulated vehicles with three or more axles
- Heavy rigid vehicle trailer combinations including unladen dolly, with three or more axles
- Any towed trailer with a GVM more than nine tonnes.
- Have held a class MR or HR licence or equivalent for one year or more
- Any time you’ve spent on a P2 MR or HR licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an HC vehicle, or upgrade to an HC licence until you hold a full class MR or HR licence
- Pass the HC knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test
- Issued with a RMS CBA (Competency Based Assessment) Logbook and CBA guide book.
- Successfully complete HVCBA, or pass a Roads and Maritime driving test.
What New teach Training Centre course includes
- Pre-operational Check , Cabin Drills . Start, move off , shut down and secure vehicle
- Manage Steering , Manages Gears , Manages Brakes
- Manages Accelerator , Create and Maintain Crass Avoidance Space , Protect Crash Avoidance Space
- Road Rules and Directions , Reversing , Hill Stop/ Start
- Load Securing , Coupling/Uncoupling , Final Competency Based Assessment
- On the completion of New Teach Training Centre Course if you deemed competent by New Teach Training Centre trainer/assessor, you will be issued a Certificate of Competency and a Statement of Attainment.
- New Teach Training Centre will submit your results to the RMS HVCORS.
- You going to your local RMS, and paying the Licence upgrade fee then you can start your career as a HC truck driver.