MEDIUM RIGID TRUCK COURSE
- This covers a class MR vehicle, which is a truck or bus (including a prime mover or a mobile crane) over 8t GVM with a maximum of 2 axles. You may also tow a trailer with a maximum weight of 9t GVM.
- Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you’ve spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can’t practice to drive an MR vehicle, or upgrade to an MR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
- Pass the MR knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test
- Issued with a RMS CBA (Competency Based Assessment) Logbook and CBA guide book
- Successfully complete HVCBA, or pass a Roads and Maritime driving test.
A PERSON WHO HOLDS A PROVISIONAL P1 LICENCE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A LR LICENCE.
What New teach Training Centre course includes
- Correctly start, steer, position, manoeuvre, and stop the vehicle
- Correctly managing engine power to minimise gear and engine wear
- Reverse, maintain visibility, and accurately position the vehicle
- Correctly park, shut down and secure the vehicle
- Successfully identify and avoid hazards (defensive driving)
- Safely load the vehicle and use the most appropriate load restraint method
On the completion of New Teach Training Centre Course if you deemed competent by New Teach Training Centre trainer/assessor, you will be issued a Certificate of Competency and a Statement of Attainment.
New Teach Training Centre will submit your results to the RMS HVCORS.
You going to your local RMS, and paying the Licence upgrade fee then you can start your career as a MR truck driver.